In celebration of this famous fall festival, we suggest a few places serving up malty flavors that you will without a doubt love…
- L’Assommoir: A convivial and authentic place that would not have displeased Zola and his contemporaries among the workers and residents of Old Montréal bustling into the wee hours of the morning! Situated on the oldest road in the neighbourhood, and only a few short steps from the Notre-Dame Basilica, this is a perfect place to meet up after work! And for their 15th year, their tartars are -25% Wednesdays by reservation!
- Pub St Pierre: Their Happy Hour starts early, going from 4 to 7, and they serve oysters and more, offering different snacks depending on market availability. Everything is fresh, especially the beer, and you cannot only go just once. For those who want an early start!
- Brit & Chips: Because no other drink compliments fish & chips like beer does, this is a sure winner. Moreover, the pub atmosphere fits the fall temperatures like no other. We can see why the British are so fond of them!
- Les 3 Brasseurs: Can we tempt you with their unpronounceable, but very enjoyable Flammekueche? Or maybe their “Brewer’s tap”, brewed on-site and exclusive to each microbrewery? Are you feeling in the mood for something special? They celebrate Oktober Fest until October, 14.
- La Cage aux Sports: Looking for something more classic? This is the ideal place to watch the game like in the old days; good timing, too – the season just started!