Parents who work in Old Montreal and want to show their children the richness of a unique historic district, there is a plethora of offers to entertain everyone and please all ages. As a walking circuit and taking in activities in small bites, here is a program for a family weekend that is out of the ordinary!
Learning while having fun
- Château Ramezay: Bounce in the past, jump in the fun! The disguised animators, the fascinating decor and the great storytelling make it a must-see in the area. Whether for a guided tour or a kid’s party, everyone will enjoy.
- L’Academie culinaire and its parent-child classes: there’s no need to be a handy chef add your grain of salt and have fun learning one bite at a time.
- Archeo-adventure at the Pointe-à-Callière museum, rack your brains, move heaven and earth and discover your roots while having fun, excellent program.
- The Marguerite Bourgeoys Museum, adjoining the Notre-Dame-de-Bon-Secours chapel, is a must-see if your young one is curious about archaeology. And not to mention Marguerite Bourgeoys’ 67 scenes of life, in figurines, very impressive! Then, accompanied by their parents at the top of the chapel tower, a stunning and unique point of view of the Old Montreal district awaits!
Tour through the ages of Montreal – Marguerite Bourgeoys Museum
Guided tours for apprentice discoverers
- Guidatour, for the little ones, the older ones, the fans of legends or the history buffs, they know all the secrets of the district. It’s up to you to play in the family rallies!
Thematic Visite – Guidatour
- The Montreal History Center‘s children’s notebook, a smart, stand-alone guide to discover the neighbourhood’s heritage and bring home the experience.
Interactive Tour – Centre d’Histoire de Montréal
For a meal or just a snack, gourmet pleasures for everyone
- La Pop, happy waffles, made custom just the way you want it to takeout, as many colours as flavors and freshly made under your hungry eyes.
- Want an ice cream? The colourful universe of Chez Catherine makes you want to taste everything. This is a small dairy bar that we can’t do without this summer.
- La Méditerranée – comptoir santé is a foodie and exotic option! We enter as if we were travelling to Greece and you’ll feel the warm welcome as expected with the name of this place!